Follow elsaayolanda on Twitter

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Suddenly, He Called Me (Slovenia Stories #13)

ฤŒrenลกovci – Thursday, 13th August 2015

           As I told you in the previous post. I didn’t want to write diary on my birthday. However, I’ll tell you a little bit about what happened yesterday. My birthday in a glance…  
I have made commitment to myself not to open any social media of mine until I got home after work as it might lead me to burst my tears. You know… homesick attack.
I broke my commitment and took sneak peek opening it while I was on the toilet (doing my ‘toilet bussiness’ of course).  Well, umm  it was so tempting!
Result: My face was starting to feel warm. A drop of tear began to pop out and was ready to drop. Close the apps immediately. Back to work. Hope my face hasn’t turned into red yet!

-          There was no Slovenian friend congratulated me. Not expecting though. But I think Roman knows. Probably he didn’t remember. Was I just expecting?
     
      Got a skype call from home. I mean the 1st home, my family by blood. They were doing weekly church fellowship together with some church fellas and this time it took place at my house in accordance to celebrate and pray for my birthday while I was thousands miles away.
Result: Obviously, ended up with me crying. That was the very first time in my life I wasn’t home on my birthday. Felt so dramatic, LOL.

-          Opening all of my social media accounts. Seeing birthday wishes from my best friends and family.
Result: Crying harder ๐Ÿ˜œ

-       Walked down the stairs to grab something to drink. Well crying made me thirsty apparently. There was Roman laying on the couch, watching TV. Pretend to be looked okay as if nothing happened.
Result: I did it. That was the only thing that succeed.

Top 3 Best B-Day Wishes

Upper Left: From Mom, Upper Right: From BFF
Down Alone: Boarding House Mate

          The brand new day. Why do I say so? Because some things go differently, First, unlike any other day, the one who picked us up wasn’t Leon but Janja yet the one who drove us home is still her.  And  second, suddenly I was called by someone (I think I’ve told you before, the one who at the 15 mins break time always sits at the same chair on the same side of the table and does the same thing. Busy with mobile phone). As a matter of fact, his name is Damjan. Milena told me before this when I asked her about him. When I was about go to Leon’s place, out of the blue he asked,
D : “So, who’s your name?”
E : “Elsa.”
D : “So, Elsa come with me because you’ll work with us today.”
E : (I was like…) ‘Whaat? I’m gonna work with him today? Uhh, I think today’s gonna be something K

          A brief description about him. He’s the leader of sticking and clipping department and the thing that you can shortly notice when you see him is he’s the kind of person who rarely smiles. I’m not kidding. For 2 weeks I’ve almost never seen him smiling. Not to mention, he’s kind of workaholic (I guess). He has tight schedule. Always right on the time. Even sometimes when the break time hasn’t been over he’s already walking around. Ahh, feels so intense today!
        But yeah, although I work at the workaholic man but God is good all the time. I was given a very good coworker, a cool one. She’s a mother of a cute daughter, 2 dogs, and 3 cats. Her name is Ksenija. What makes her cool? Simple thing: she can speak good English. I mean good enough for daily conversation (just like me) and we got acquainted like in no time. We talked about miscellaneous stuffs! Such as pets, movies, cultures, languages, occupations, food and many more. The best work day ever so far. Finally, I have someone to talk with! ๐Ÿ˜‚
           Apparently, she used to live in London for work but it was 15 years ago. Therefore she told me beforehand that she wasn't really good in speaking English for it has been one year she didn’t speak English. Hmm if only she knew, I’m not as good as she thinks. That’s fine Ksenija, my English isn’t that good as well. Knowing there’s someone who wants to talk to me is enough to make me happy. I don’t care how proficient you are. (Seriously, I don’t get why people keep saying that. Do they forget that I’m from Indonesia and English isn’t our official language likewise?). So we’re just the same! No need to worry ๐Ÿ˜œ
            Therefore, I told her, “So far, your English is the best from all worker I’ve ever been talking to.”.  Hence, I feel comfortable and not nervous anymore (not as if I work with Simon). Yay, happily working today ๐Ÿ˜ค. I know because I feel it, sometimes we were glimpsed by workers nearby not because we were talking continuously (and so were they) but more likely because we looked exciting hahaha (and I had a feeling if I became ‘the talk’ betwee Damjan and Marko, LOL). Based on my intuition (in which woman’s intuition is usually true), Marko asked how I work at his place and again based on my intuition Damjan answered with I keep talking with Ksenija so that’s why it was a bit noisy back then following by Marko laughing hahaha (again, I remind you that’s just based on my intuition).
         In consequence, some workers asked Ksenija for helping them to translate what they want to say to me. For example, Janja, she asked Ksenija to deliver an apology for she rarely talked to me during our way to go home because she doesn’t speak English. Then I told her if it’s fine. No problem at all. (same with me, neither Slovene nor German spoken by me). And yes, that’s all for today. I still don’t know who’ll pick us up for tomorrow and where I’m going to work. Bye fellas!

Oh! Almost forget. I also still cycling in between. Here is snapshot of sunset.
I'm tall! Only in this pict

Stop for awhile to enjoy this beauty

No comments :

Post a Comment