Follow elsaayolanda on Twitter

Monday, August 3, 2015

First Day of Work (Slovenia Stories #4)

Črenšovci – Monday, 3rd August 2015

           Yep yep yep! Today is my first day of work. Feeling nervous actually yet excited and curious at the same time. We left home at 7.30 a.m with Roman drove us to the company using his car. He did it because Roman and Tomaz hadn’t set arrangement yet about our transportation. How we would go to the company and back (Anak magang mana lagi coba yang dianter sama pak bosnya naik bmw ke tempat kerja? :p hahaha). Oh yeah, upon my arrival at the company, I was welcomed by a middle-aged man named Marko. He’s kind a field supervisor in Ocean Orchids. He speaks English well J. Then, Roman handed us to him. After that, Marko brought me to Spacing department and I was placed there. Before starting work, he gave me brief explanation about the job description and what should I do. I replaced position of a Slovenian girl named Viktoria. So, my job was about moving young orchids plants in which its leaves had been growing rapidly onto bigger plastic pots so the growing leaves won’t cover one and another. The challenge was at the pot that was moving run by a conveyor machine that would only move when the nearest pot to the sensor had been filled. Two workers were positioned at end line of machine. Thus, we needed to pay attention each other since we must work in synchronicity.
I worked with 2 Slovenian guys named Simon and Leon. Simon worked face to face with me while Leon was behind me watching the conveyor machine running and fixing in case if there’s any failure. They speak less English, I must say. But, that’s fine! J Leon was the first one to admit that his English isn’t good. Nevertheless, I said that was okay because mine is likewise (kalo ga gitu nanti ga ada yang mau ngomong sama gue lagi). While working, Simon rarely spoke to me. I didn’t know why. Either it’s because he was just confused speaking English or it was me who wasn’t cool enough to be friend with, perhaps? K. Ok, let me tell you something about Leon. From physical appearance, he’s kind of a heavily bearded guy and very tall as well (I show you the picture of him down below). Looked like Middle East man (beneran deh tinggal kasih baju gamis aja orang juga bakal percaya kalo dibilang dia dari Timur Tengah haha. Sayangnya di foto ini dia udah sempet cukuran jadi jenggotnya ga selebat waktu pertama ketemu.).
From left to right: Leon, Simon, Elsa, Maja.
Look how tall Leon is. Gue cuma seketeknya doang dong.
Besides me, there are some other internship students who work there as well. Some of them come from Croatia while some others come from Slovenia itself. So, yes! You can feel international working atmosphere between Slovenian-Indonesian-Croatian then :D. This group of Croatian students (same people who fill the student apartment until it’s full so that’s why I stay at Roman’s) consists of 6 until 8 high schoolers each group from an agronomy vocational high school and the group changed every 2 weeks. Hence, I’ll meet new group of Croatian students every 2 weeks. Lots of fellas to be friends with! ^o^ I worked until 3 p.m today. Actually I just needed to work until 2.30 p.m but I had to wait 30 mins more until Roman finished his stuffs. So for the next 30 mins, I helped Marko on cleaning plants from weeds. He’s kind and always tries to make a conversation with me (thank God, finally there’s someone who wants to talk with me :’) ). It wasn’t exhausting today. Probably because it’s still first day and I thought I’ve made a good beginning J. During lunch time, I met Rok and he asked me how am I doing. Of course I replied him that I'm okay but I woke up with heavy head and felt dizzy yesterday and it was all because of the wine and beer that he gave to me. "And I thank you for that!", I said to him. Then he replied, "You are welcome ;)". Geeez... Don't you know I was being sarcastic? (-_-") (ah karepmu ae lah)
After working, Roman showed us the nearest convenience store, “Mercator” where we can buy some basic needs. It wasn’t ended up here. The best part of all? He brought me to an ice cream store and bought me some ice cream! Yes, ice cream buddy, ice cream! I-screaaaaaam!! >o<  (sorry for getting overwhelming ahahaha :p). He did that after knowing that I’m an ice cream lover or I prefer to call myself as an ice cream enthusiast (LOL!). They had many flavors available such as fruity (lemon, orange, apple, banana, guava etc), sweet (peanut, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, nutella, etc) and even the one that’s not available in Indonesia, Red Bull (known as Kratingdaeng in Indonesia) which just made me even more confuse to decide. Then I chose vanilla and nuttella. But then I asked him, “How many flavors I can pick?” He replied, “Up to you.”. In my mind was like oh no please don’t say that. No no no. It’s same as if you give unlimited credit card to a shopaholic. Woahhh! Trying not to lose my mind by choosing them all then I picked peanut as the last one. Afterwards, we sat on one of the chair to eat it and then drowned in the ultimate delicacy. Sounds dramatic? Ah, I don’t think so. Ice cream is just that tremendous!
Heaven does exist :)
While eating, I said to him, “You know what? No matter summer or winter, rain or windy, ice cream is the best choice of all time!”. He wondered and said, “You like it that much?” and I nodded proudly ahahahaha (^o^). 

 "You can’t buy happiness but you can buy ice cream and that’s kind of the same thing." -Anonymous

That's all for today, fellas. Get ready to read the next day's story. Ciaooo!

Feel free to leavy any comments or questions. Just write it down below.

No comments :

Post a Comment