Follow elsaayolanda on Twitter

Thursday, August 6, 2015

All is Well as It Supposed To Be (Slovenia Stories #7)

Črenšovci – Thursday, 6th August 2015

         Alright. Finally. No more late to work. No more left behind. No more misunderstanding. Everything was going well as it supposed to be. Yeah! This morning we were picked up by Janja. Again, a non-English-speaking employee :D. Yet, I know she speaks a little bit Deutsch by reason of hearing German language radio in her car on our way back home yesterday. To make it sure, I asked her, “Eee… Sprichst du Deutsch?” and she replied, “Ein bisschen” whilst her thumbnail and index finger formed a ‘small’ symbol.  At this point, think I should be the one who clarify that I don’t speak that language before she try to talk to me in German. So I tried to remember what is that ‘magic phrase’ by digging my memory up from high school where I ever learnt Deutsch (but I got nothing to remember, LOL!). Okay, let’s give it a try. “Ich spreche nicht Deutsch (the most useful phrase :D)”, I said that without knowing whether it’s grammatically correct or not. Then she was like, “Ahh… jajaja.”. Thereby I guessed ‘Aha! I’m safe now.”. But then I wondered, how we communicate each other then?


         Still she asked, “Wie alt bist du?”. Oh my… Didn’t I just say that I don’t speak German? Then why did she question me further instead? (-.-“). Ok ok, don’t be panic. Tried to keep calm. Umm… If I’m not wrong she just asked about my age, didn’t she? And I think I can answer with, “Ich bin 22 Jahre alt.”. Nah, for this one I’m a bit more sure that’s correct :p because she nodded as a sign of understanding *pheeew*. I wanted to ask her age as well by trying to speak ‘and you?’ in Slovene (LOL! so foolish I am :p). I hesitated. Should I do with, ‘pa ti?’ (polite, for someone’s older / barely know) or ‘pa vi?’ (for someone’s younger or close friend). Then to play it safe, I decided to say ‘pa vi?’ for she’s older and I just get to know her. Consequntly she reacted with, “No no no. ‘pa ti?’ not ‘pa vi? Still young’ oops! hahahah my  bad! Then followed by “Ich bin 28 Jahre alt.”, she said (oops, back to German). That was all the conversation that we had yesterday. Thereafter, silent devoured as I begged in my heart ‘no more Deutsch please. No more Deutsch please’. Hahahah what can I do?


While waiting to be picked up

            Okay, back to present. Today I still work with Simon and Leon. Much more talking today for he asked me further information. Tables are slided to make the plants easier reachable thus when we were about to finish one table, he moved closer as he was sorting the plants and asked:
S: “So, how do you go to the company?”
E: “Somebody pick us up and drive us home. Roman and Tomaz have arranged it.”
Simon: “Do you have driving license?” (eh? Agak random ya pertanyaannya. Lagian maksudnya apa coba? Apa mau diajak touring keliling Sloven gitu? :p)
E: “Umm… Unfortunately, I can’t drive. :( 
S: (ngangguk-ngangguk aja)

Guess it’s my turn to question him.
E: “So, umm… How old are you?” (Hoping that’s not a sensitive question because indeed I just wanted to know)
S: I’m 28 (diem sejenak)
E: (Diem juga. Ngarep ditanya balik)
S: and what about you?
E: (Yesss… akhirnya!) I’m getting 22 this month. (nunggu. Kirain bakal terkejut dan berharap dia nyadar ‘ooh berarti kamu bakal ultah bulan ini dong? Tanggal berapa?’ dan bla bla bla. Tapi ternyata engga. Ah gapeka (T_T) Yaudin deh gapapa)
          At least, I know his age now hahaha. Oh and about Leon, before working, he told me that he’ll drive me home for the next week. Ohh that’s great! It seems like I’ll ride on everybody’s car hahaha. Robi, Janja, and next will be Leon. While preparing dinner, from Milena I know that Leon lives quite far from here and he regularly hanging out with his friends. A group of 7 people approximately. In addition, Milena was the one who recommended him to work in Ocean Orchid. Later I asked if wouldn’t it be troublesome for him to drive me home as he lives quite far from here and she replied with if that’s okay for they’re good friend. They’ve known each other ever since she used to live one village with. For that reason, she trusts him. Moreover she said that he’s a hardworker. Don’t worry, he can smile when he knows someone well in response of my wonder as I never see him smiling beforehand. Next, I asked whether he lives with family or girlfriend, perhaps?
         About girlfriend she’s not sure yet she guessed he doesn’t have it because he always goes with his friends. I tried to make a conviction on such information by saying, “Ahh maybe you just don’t know meanwhile he already have” (with smirk ;) ). Yet she kept saying, “Hmm.. I don’t think so because I have a daughter who lives still at the same village with him and so I know him pretty much.”. By that reason she trusts him so that’s why she asked for his help to pick us up on the next morning. Nah and now, I think it’s the time to know another person I work with: Simon. Sebenernya sih mau tau udah punya cemiwiw apa belom hahaha. Come on, I just wanted to know. Pura-pura gue tanya, with who does he live, family or girlfriend maybe? For that thing, she doesn’t really know the detail but what she knows is he has Hungarian girlfriend. Oh, oke… cukstaw aja deh kalo gitu. Alright then,  no more to tell. Time to sleep. Time to say goodbye. Have a good rest! Lah konoč!

Ps. Today we're just lent bikes by Milena and Roman. Have it set up already and ready to use! Gonna explore  the village farther. Thanks a lot! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment