Follow elsaayolanda on Twitter

Friday, August 7, 2015

Should Be Good Friday but It's Not (Slovenia Stories #8)

Črenšovci – Friday, 7th August 2015

          Hella bella good fella! How’s life? Hope you’re awesome because I’m kinda out of luck. Did I get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Well, it’s not Friday 13th though it has become bad day. Alright, let’s say it with snap! Not much different, I still work with those guys, Simon and Leon. We do the same job at the same place. Almost feels like a routine. I started to feel bored to be honest. But then, Leon offered me a box of Mozartkugeln while working. Aha! I've been peeping on that box ever since the first day of work actually but I thought that’s empty :p.
        So, if you don’t know Mozartkugeln yet, simply say it’s chocolate ball originally from Salzburg, Austria which was created by Paul Fürst, a famous confectioner in 1890 and obviously named after the well-known composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. At the beginning it’s known as Mozartbonbon, later the named was changed to Mozartkugeln. Original Salzburger Mozartkugeln is Fürst Mozartkugeln with its main ingredients are Pistachio marzipan, nougat, dark chocolate. Nowadays, there are numerous versions and recipes other than Fürst. Some are hand-made and some others industrially mass-produced. Right, back to the core! (Need to start to consider myself as a confection enthusiast too for babbling on this stuff hahaha).

Cut in half. Source: Advantage Austria
Source: Austrian Mozartkugeln
– I don’t capture any picts for it wasn’t possible to do it. -

        The taste is yumm. Feeling the soft melting sensation in my mouth. It was wonderfully creamy and milky and those covered all over my tongue. So mouthwatering! (Earth is calling, Elsa… Earth is calling!) Oh right, I’m still working. Sorry, it’s just inevitable because honestly, I’ve been curious to this famous confection ever since before coming here and now I could try it in the middle of working? Lucky me! :). Alright, now this is the beginning of several bad events. While moving the tables, I accidentally hurt Simon’s finger (Ouch!). I didn’t know if the previous table hasn’t moved so his right hand got a small wound on index finger to be precise. Goosh (>_<). Can’t I not be reckless at least for once? I did’t count how many times I apologized to him. You know what was his answer? "It’s okay. No problem. This happens.”he said. Well, it didn't seem so on my eyes. That made me feels even worse. Seems like better if he was a bit angry to sweep away this guilty feeling eventhough I know it’s just a scratch. But still, I feel really bad. Orang yurop ga bisa marah apa ya?
        As if that wasn’t bad enough, another thing happened. So, today I went home earlier than Yusran whilst he had to stay behind about one hour longer to continue working. He handed me his jacket as well as his lunch box (If we can’t finish the lunch, we may take the rest of it home with food container that we have prepared beforehand) to bring it home with me. Eventually, I arrived at home. While giving goodbye waves to Janja, that moment I realized one thing: Crap, I didn’t hold the key!! So, how I could get into the house then? Good job, Elsa! I couldn’t contact him though since we don’t have Slovenian number yet and he must be nowhere near the office which means he was out of WiFi range. Couldn't reach him by Whatsapp too. Geez… It was sooo hot back then but I had no choice other than waiting for him. Just a perfect time to be outside. At least, I could use WiFi from inside the house and checking all my social media. Finally, he was driven home by Tomaz. True. He was laughing when he knew I was locked out instead of feeling sorry. This is Yusran maaan what do you expect? (-_-“).
        What makes it a little bit better is we went out for cycling around. This time, we reached Odranci and St. Bistrica (if I’m not wrong). I found a gorgeus building, apparently it’s a parish church.


The church of Holy Trinity, Odranci.
Of course selfie :)
At St. Bistrica there’s a public cemetery and coincidentally at that time there was a funeral too. I stopped by for a while and watching them from across the street for few minutes before continuing my adventure. What is more, we met Leon at a crossroad nearby. Easily recognizable since he’s very tall :D. He was with a girl but I didn’t know who (and don’t even care, not my business though haha :p). That’s all I can tell. Time to sleep. Prepare myself for tomorrow since it’s Saturday and you don’t know what will happen, do you? ;)

Bye. Tschüss. Adijo. Sampai jumpa!

Any thoughts responding my story? Just write it down below!

No comments :

Post a Comment